Create an account

or

Thread Help with NI Electronic Instrumens with Cubase

• 11 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Help with NI Electronic Instrumens with Cubase
Hello,

I could use some help from someone regarding the implementation of NI Electronic Instruments in Cubase. To be more specific I use Limelite and as a daw I use Cubase. My question is how in the world i can record the Limelite rithm in Cubase? I searched now from weeks on internet but no specific topic about this. In the same way I use Reason with Cubase via rewire. Let's say that I use Dr. Rex and I have a loop selected. How can I drop the loop into Cubase's daw? Can anyone help pe on this please? :|

Thank you very much,
In order to use the loops in cubase you need to bounce audio. normally you don't need to do this since the audio should already be played by the instrument (reason, or limelight) but if you want an actual audio file, you'll have to export/ bounce it. with reason you can do it just with reason, or through cubase.
Ok, I understand the ideea. But let's say that i have a pattern already set in limelite. How can i trow the beat as a midi sequence in my daw in cubase?
Let me see if i understand. you already got the beat playing in limelight within cubase, right? so what else do you want to do with it, since it's already being played by cubase/limelite?
Yes. Let me explain to you a little detailed:

I have a drum pattern in limelite. I have limelite configured in Cubase as a VST connection and i hear the sound. What should i open, a midi track or an audio track in order to put down in daw the pattern?

I figured out in reason how to do with rex/matrix patterns: just put in reason's daw the drum pattern and export it as a midi file then import it in cubase, delete the mixer chanel attached and that's all.. Is there an easy way?

Thanks in advance,
Ok, so if i understand, you want to just export and import the midi file and not the audio? but if so, why? isn't it better to have the audio, or do you want another instrument to play the midi information?
But how to export audio/midi file from limelite? Is it possible?
You need to do it from cubase. if you want, bounce/export just the limelite track into audio, and then you can import it back into cubase or other software.

also if you want to stay in cubase you can freeze the track and it will create an audio track.
Hmmm good to know! I will try it later at home.
The same question i have regarding the reason rewired with cubase. I already exported the midi file with the beat let's say a dr rex track and after that import it in cubase into a new created midi track. Everything works fine in that way. My question is there a possibility to export somehow the midi loop as wave? This might be very helpful when you have a lot of midi tracks and you need cpu resources. Thank you for your quick responses! :)

Quote: My question is there a possibility to export somehow the midi loop as wave?

if you are speaking about doing that in reason, the answer is yes.

you have to put the left and right markers at the beginning and the end of the place you want to audio sample to start and end, and then you have to select the tracks you want to export, and then you go into file/ export loop as audio file. you might have to solo or mute certain tracks.

that's it.