< Tous les avis Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx Ultra
Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx Ultra
FabEkpy FabEkpy

«  Very good! »

Published on 02/16/14 at 13:40
The Axe FX Ultra has almost all the amp simulations (true, 5150, Twin Reverb, JCM 800 and 900, JC 120 ...) and effects (reverb, delay, chorus, phaser, octave, wha wha, whammy ...) known to the market.

They are editable, either directly on the Axis or via software with a midi connection. For my part, the software version crashes all the time, so I rule the Axis. And I got there quickly, so no problems.

The connection is complete, as well as inputs in outputs. One can not miss the headphone and usb (present on version 2!).

The setup is relatively simple for a device that makes a sound chain! (This is not an amp head, with 3 knobs settings)

Once we have understood the principle of operation, no particular problems.
We approach the software on computers: input-cable-overdrive-cable-head amp-cable-speaker-cable-outlet.

We will easily find usable sounds, but to have "his" will require a little patience and a lot of testing.

Manual, when to him, is quite clear, although some a bit sharp settings are not very explicit.

The sounds are very good qualities, for both amp simulations for effects.
It's a little cooler than the original versions, but it's really to quibble.

We can make all kinds of music, since all amps references therein.
Go take a look at the videos lurking on the internet to give you an idea. Or check the list of artists who use the axis!

I play ESP Eclipse and Jackon SLSMG with a matrix amp gp 800, a Marshall cabinet AV 1960.
I use also a Midi Mate (pedal noon) for the controler, and it's just happiness: big sound and ease of use.

And as you guessed it: I play Metal!
http://the-ekpyrosis.com/releases/ (recorded with Ultra guitars)

I use it for a little over 1 year, and I am very satisfied. For 1300 €, occas, the quality / price is really very interesting.

What I like most: the sound, the vast array of sounds and possible effects, ease of transport and installation (guitar, 4 u rack and pedal Afternoon:! My back thanks me) .
What I like least: no headphone output.

Finally, my guitarist uses an Axe FX II for a little over 1 year also, and before him, the Ultra does not blush!
He, of course, more sounds and effects (I have not toured the mine!), Usb and headphone output, but all for € 1,000 more!
So, what I would do this choice? the answer is yes.