Line 6 POD Pro
Line 6 POD Pro

Guitar Amp Simulation Rack from Line 6 belonging to the POD Pro series.

MGR/Ira Wallach MGR/Ira Wallach

« Line 6 Pod Pro »

Published on 11/14/01 at 15:00
Paid around $600 for this unit from Musician's Friend on the web. I already had the POD (1st revision) and was looking for more functionality in a rack mountable unit for my live rig.

What's not to like!? The POD Pro has significantly more models and choices than the regular POD and conveniently slips into my Quik Lok rack system. The sound quality is top notch and the amp models are so believeable it even turns the head of some vintage freaks I know that turn their noses up at all the new digital equipment.

There's really nothing I don't like. Other than the additional modeling selections, etc. this unit doesn't really have much over the POD. It might have been cheaper for me to just use my POD and get one of the floorboard controllers - which you would have needed anyway, but nevertheless I'm glad I purchased it.

Quality and construction are first rate. A strong metal housing provides drop safety, although if mounting in a rack you shouldn't run into that situation much. Still roadies sometimes bang things around when setting up, this unit can take anything. The knobs and controls are all a high quality feel and will take years of road abuse.

I think for around $600 you get one sweet unit that will allow you to put together just about any sound / amp model or cabinet combo you can think of. These days, I'm running more and more of the mix through the PA and the POD Pro is where it's at if this is how you set your rig up for playing live.