JJ / Tesla ECC803 S
JJ / Tesla ECC803 S
Ogmor Ogmor

«  Good, but very different JJ ​​ECC83s »

Published on 01/27/14 at 09:00
I rode there on my little Crate BV 120, a single stage in my preamp with three ECC83s always DD.
I tried the configuration with this lamp in V1 or V2, and I compared with 4 JJ ECC83s.
I do not think it necessarily have more gain, as they had told me, but it has a more biting and incisive that ECC83s "tighter" gain. We must know. IF this is the desired effect, it is a good lamp. I think it sounds better than V1 V2 as well, the receiver can benefit from the features of the first light (in my case, a ECC83s JJ, so more round and warm with a grain / gain more open ), while receiving the incisal side of this lamp. Then it is obviously a matter of taste.
For my part, I have not noticed any particular problem or microphonics breath.
I took my amp because JJ ECC83s give a more open sound, a runny hair (well it's still clean), round and warm, and it does not fit for what I do (stoner). However, I keep the lamp on hand if I had to do a Thrash!