DSM Noisemaker OmniCabSim
Chile's DSM Noisemaker have released the OmniCabSim, a stompbox aimed at simulating the typical filtering effect produced by guitar and bass cabinets.
According to its creator, the philosophy behind the design of the OmniCabSim tweakable Cabinet Simulator is to allow the user to create their own cabinet response settings - not to reproduce exactly such or such well-known model, which is something many (often IR-based) other products on the market already do. This approach lets musicians define their own sounds with the guarantee of an easy and accurate reproduction of it when recording and playing live gigs, without depending on mic placement, amplifier or cabinet availability.
- Mic and Line output (level can be compensated using the gain control).
- Tunable high frequency response to emulate the steep low pass filter that different speakers produce.
- Tunable Low frequency response to control the low-end roll-off typical of speaker of various sizes.
- Tunable low frequency resonance, allowing to dial the resonance of the low-end roll-off point, reproducing the effect of closed or open back cabinets and anything in between.
- Mid control for “modern” or “vintage” responses.
- Punch control boosts the 800 Hz band, aimed at letting the sound cut through the mix with warmth.
DSM Noisemaker's OmniCabSim is available for $184 + the (non-negligible) shipping costs from Chile ($10 to Chile, $60 to the US and Canada, $80 to Europe, costs to other destinations not specified).
More details are available directly from DSM Noisemaker's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!