Palmer PDI-03
TSD TSD

«  Very good equipment »

Published on 03/12/12 at 00:14
Speaker simulator and loadbox, which allows you to record sound directly to an amp at full power without going through the speakers, interesting to record quality sound without going deaf.
Rack model, no need power, I have version 8 Ohm with which I plug in a lamp head Carvin X100-B.

Very simple to use as long as we use the right input-output.
One enters the input, we leave out either by lines or by the simulation outputs of HP. I personally use a sound card M-Audio Fasttrack Pro and I have a nickel if I use the XLR output of the palmer, the other outputs send a bit of saturation, according to test his equipment.
Remember to use a speaker cable to the amplifier output to the palmer.

Plugged the sound is very good, I can find the sound of my Carvin 4x12. Better, I can remove its crystalline character by choosing "mellow".
Basically, a potentiometer is used to select the signal present and another handles the bass. It has one sound, good overall and we play it. At worst, an equalizer in Cubase and you change frequencies.

I use it for a week and I can finally record my songs with my sound and my pedals. It changed me guitarig although it was doing rather well overall. Now, I must admit they'll have to invest in a lot of effects to simulate all possibilities of software but it's just the charm of the guitar.