[Musikmesse] New White Finger
Electro-Harmonix has announced the release of the FET (Field Effect Transistor) White Finger compressor in a small, rugged XO die-cast chassis.
The XO White Finger treats an incoming signal with an optically controlled attenuator (a type of volume control) comprised of a fixed resistor and a shunt opto-coupled photocell.
Because this attenuator is passive, as opposed to the more common active AGC (Automatic Gain Control) compressor circuits, it does not add an electronic signature to the signal, thus preserving the tone and character of the original sound, according to EH.
- LED opto-coupler for a faster attack compression
- Lamp opto-coupler for softer blooming compressor
- Quiet long sustains with transparent tones
- Pre-gain control lets you control how hard your instrument hits the compressor
- Sensitivity knob for control of how the compression will be hit
- Compression amount allows you to dial in the perfect ratio for your music
- Same compression theory as our professional NY-2A but uses FETs instead of tubes
- 40DC-100 power supply included
Release date: April, 2009
For more information, visit www.ehx.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Trace Elliot Turns 30 2009 sees the 30th year since the launch of Trace Elliot as a brand in Essex, UK.
- Recording King Classic Small-Body The newest model in the Recording King Century Jubilee Series, the Classic Small-Body guitar is made of solid Sitka spruce and supported with hand-shaped, fully scalloped x-bracing.
- [Musikmesse] Line 6 Relay G30 Line 6, Inc. has announced its Relay G30 Wireless Guitar System, the debut system from its forth-coming brand of digital wireless systems for guitar and bass.