[Musikmesse] New White Finger
Electro-Harmonix has announced the release of the FET (Field Effect Transistor) White Finger compressor in a small, rugged XO die-cast chassis.
The XO White Finger treats an incoming signal with an optically controlled attenuator (a type of volume control) comprised of a fixed resistor and a shunt opto-coupled photocell.
Because this attenuator is passive, as opposed to the more common active AGC (Automatic Gain Control) compressor circuits, it does not add an electronic signature to the signal, thus preserving the tone and character of the original sound, according to EH.
- LED opto-coupler for a faster attack compression
- Lamp opto-coupler for softer blooming compressor
- Quiet long sustains with transparent tones
- Pre-gain control lets you control how hard your instrument hits the compressor
- Sensitivity knob for control of how the compression will be hit
- Compression amount allows you to dial in the perfect ratio for your music
- Same compression theory as our professional NY-2A but uses FETs instead of tubes
- 40DC-100 power supply included
Release date: April, 2009
For more information, visit www.ehx.com.
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.