Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Mambosun Mambosun

«  Excellent value for money »

Published on 01/17/13 at 15:49
Not much to add to what has already been said.

Many functions and settings, so not very simple and quite time consuming if you want to explore all the possibilities of the beast.
Whatever it is fast enough sound quality and the more you can save in one of 4 presets, very useful on stage.
I bought this to replace a DD7 pedal which I was satisfied, but I used it as a result of not being able to easily change or delay type setting like that on the fly gig or Repetition, with j DD20 'explores the potential advantage of this effect.

Most of the effects are interesting and quality, apart from the "Twist" and to some extent the "Reverse" which are difficult to exploit in my opinion.
I find the whole very good, in any case consistent with what I expected. I particularly like the settings "analog", "modulate" Tape or "wrap" which offers the opportunity to enrich or webs of guitar solo.

I use it only for a few weeks so far have already exhausted all its possibilities.
Plus: double pedal (programmable presets) that offers you an appreciable comfort and allows me to use a lot more often than before the effects of delay, it is in our compositions or on stage.
The least: I was a little disappointed to discover that fashion Sound on Sound, the volume of the loop thus produced is less than the original sound, even with the level cranked knob. Personal it bothers me a little when I jamme over the loop, I must constantly adjust the volume of my guitar.
To conclude, I would say that the delay is a base effect for any guitarist who respects himself, as well as the distos and overdrive, the DD20 is part of the implementation to put in his short-list and try it.
Before I used a DD2, DD6 DD7 and, tried many models in store. This is the DD20 that I will keep for a long time I think.