New Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay pedal
Strymon unveils a new effect pedal for guitar featuring two simutaneous delays from the 80s and today.
The new Strymon DIG employs a digital circuit with a choice of three switchable types of effect: one high resolution modern delay called 24/96, an ADM (Adaptive Delta Modulation) mode and 12-bit Pulse Code Modulation from the 80s.
These modes are combined with different controls and two simultaneous delays that allow for create a wide variety of effects, from simultaneous echoes to hypnotic, syncopated, spatial effects and more.
Three configurations are available for the delays: series with one delay feeding the other ; parallel with delay 1 in the left channel and delay 2 in the right one ; and Ping Pong mode in which each delay acts like a ping pong effect and interacts with each other.
A Free mode allows for disabling the sync and time sub-divisions between the two delays, and the second time control has a time range from 20ms to 1.6s. Another Circular Repeats mode can be activated by holding the Tap footswitch ; in this case, the delay lines keep a static volume and repeat continuously until you release the Tap.
- 2 simultaneous delay effects
- 3 types of effects: 24/96, adm and 12-bit
- 24-bit / 96 kHz AD/DA converters
- Analog dry path
- SHARC DSP
- 32-bit floating point processing
- 5 knobs: Time, Time 2, Mix, Mix and Repeats with “hidden” Delay 1 Subdivision, Sync/Free Mode, Filter, Config and Delay 2 Repeats features
- 5 rhythmic sub-divisions
- 3 types of modulation for the delay lines: Off, Light and Deep
- Delay times: 20ms - 1.6s or 40ms - 3.2s with Delay 1 Half Note sub-division
- Stereo TRS input and output
- 3 signal routings: series, parallel and ping pong
- Input for expression, tap or favorite switch pedal
- True bypass with relay switch
- Trails mode with analog buffered bypass
- 9V power supply operation
- Manufactured in the USA
The Strymon DIG can be pre-ordered for $299, shipping date expected is May 26th. More info at www.strymon.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Gibson introduces their Custom 2015 models Gibson has unveiled a new series of signature and reissue guitars for collectors and aficionados for exception instruments.
- DiMarzio The Black Angel acoustic pickup DiMarzio offers acoustic guitarists a new passive electro-magnetic pickup, The Black Angel, which mounts in the soundhole.
- Rocktron releases the Hush 2X pedal Introduced at NAMM last January, the two-channel version of the Rocktron Hush noise reducer pedal is now hitting the stores.