Boss DF-2 SUPER Feedbacker & Distortion

Distortion from Boss .

MGR/zontar MGR/zontar

« Boss DF-2 SUPER Feedbacker & Distortion »

Published on 10/20/07 at 15:00
I've been playing guitar for over 30 years--both with & without effects. Currently you'd most likely find me playing a 12 string at church. (no distortion though.)

I got this in the mid-80's. I already had a DS-1 & the distortion is the same as the S-1, but they added in the feedbacker part--and it's great! I tried it in the store, and as they had a 50% sale that day--I bought it. I forget how much it was--but it wasn't a lot.

It's a great distortion sound--from fuzzy to edgy to sharp.
The feedbacker part is great to have fun with--as long as you keep your foot pushed down on the pedal the note sustains! So you can play licks over the feedbacking note--or do some other tricks with it--it's a lot of fun!

There's no volume control for the feedbacker part, so you can't have it in the background while you play a lead line or riff or chords over it. it will be the same volume as the rest of it. (Although sometimes I get around that by going through my echo which has a stereo output--I put the DF-2 in one channnel where the amp is set on a lower volume. You could also put a volume pedal after the signal is split.)

Sturdy case--like Boss pedals tend to be--it's been knocked around and still works.

An excellent tool & toy, although in some ways it is more toy--but it is a lot of fun to play and use the feedback--You can use it which other effects too. It works great with echo.
If you have a DS-1 and like it, maybe try one of these if you see one available--just for that something extra. if you use a different distortion pedal or use the amp to overdrive your sound, then maybe try this for the feedbacker part. Anyway--it's a lot of fun.