< Tous les avis Truetone Chainsaw Distortion

Distortion from Truetone belonging to the GarageTone series

Graark Graark

«  Sharp and varied »

Published on 12/26/13 at 01:44
Pedal distortion / overdrive easy, "plug and play" type. You have to find your settings to refine your sound. This is the classic analog transistors, beefy, an input, an output jack size, a power supply. Classic what ...

Operation is simple, it's your ears that will do the rest for fine adjustments. The manual is well done, not overly developed course, is simple equipment, but there are some examples of settings that can take cues quickly with the pedal.
So +1 for manual and overall simplicity.

At the sound, I use a head lamp and a lamp / transistor hybrid head. In both cases the sound is dry and sharp, but the Tone setting is effective enough to change the sound even though it retains some treble reserve. Used overdrive or boost it works really well. The distortion bottom is approached something a little more runny, it's not bad either. In any case we must not forget that it is a pedal that costs around 50-60 euros new, and for that price I think it is less chemical than a lot of Boss pedals, but it is also a matter of taste. I find it more organic than other more expensive pedals and it suits me. So in terms of the price range, it's ok.

Used for over a year, I have not tested a lot of config, and I think it has its place in a pedalboard. For me it is "fine" use (up to 3/4 of the gain knob) that is best, but others appreciate the more crappy side when you push the knobs. I bought Cygnus, I keep it and I would do the selection. In addition it adds color to the ground, and complements a set of pedals or can be hand with a cheap distortion that changes classics.