Boss HF-2 Hi Band Flanger
Boss HF-2 Hi Band Flanger

Flanger for Guitar from Boss .

iamqman iamqman

« Hi Fi Flanger »

Publié le 07/19/11 à 17:42
The is a flanger pedal introduced by Boss to tackle the hi fi sound of the flanger effect. This pedal gets to the higher frequencies of the flanger sound. you can definitely get the jumbo jet flanger sound but the tone of the guitar with be more audible with this pedal. This pedal allows the guitar's natural voice to come through better where as the regular Boss flanger would swallow up the guitar tone more. I would prefer this pedal over the regular one if I just needed a simple and mild flanger tone. this pedal is a magical pedal and sounds great in front of a distorted amp.

Specifications

Controls: Manual, Depth, Rate, Res
Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
Current Draw: 15 mA (DC 9V)
Weight: 400 g (14 oz.)
Input Impedance: 470 kOhm
Residual Noise Level: -95dBu (IHF-A)
Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
Delay Time: 0.5 ms ~ 6.5 ms
LFO Speed: 100 ms ~ 16 s
Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series

I really like the tone of this pedal. It has the right frequencies in it that make it a little more appealing to me and my tone. It leaves room for the guitar to breath and come through the mix. It doesn't cloud the tone up like a lot of flangers will do naturally.

I prefer this pedal out on the front of the amp. I don't like hearing flangers in the effects loop or behind the distortion. I am a fan of Eddie Van Halen and to get the tone he had you need it out in front. So growing up listening to those records i generally favor that setup because that is what my ears are used to hearing. Having it it behind the distortion will make the effect more out front in the mix and not apart of the tone as it would in front of the amp or distortion pedal.

This pedal had a good run but it ended in 1995. It seems a lot of Boss pedals ended in this year. you can find them on the classifieds or the used market somewhere for a good price. I generally see them for about $80 to %100. That is a little more than I see the regular go for. This is a great pedal and nice addition to anyone's floor board.