Ibanez PH7 Phaser
Ibanez PH7 Phaser

Phaser for Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the 7 series.

Kint Kint

«  Good for the price »

Publié le 09/14/12 à 04:13
The Ibanez PH7 is a phaser pedal (turning effect) with two different modes.
-The format is similar to the pedal boss in terms of size.
-The case is solid
-The selling price is very affordable (I got it in promo)
-There are 4 settings for a classic phaser:
Speed-
-Depth
-Feedback
-Level
and a handy switch for switching from one type to another phaser.

The use is very simple and it is easy to quickly find the desired sound. There is a small manual enough to make its mark on this pedal. Settings are intuitive
The use is very pleasant thanks to the Tone-Lok which blocks the buttons to avoid the settings do not change during transport or on stage when activating the pedal. It is also useful to keep a preset in memory even if a pen and paper to allow storing several (too loud)!
The small switch to change effect is quite nice to use this pedal makes for much more versatile than others in the same category.

At the end, it is a phaser can not be mistaken. As mentioned above, when the speed is at a minimum, one can have an effect on slower than other pedals. I think the original sound of the guitar is well respected globally with double windings this is not always the case. It's nice for the sounds typed Funky / Psyche.
But things are clear, it is a phaser entry level and has a sound that sounds more electronic and analogue. I reproach also a certain coldness to the pedal.
I have a big concern that occurred after 3 years of use. The pedal is active sometimes without my key when I activate the pedal located just before the chain. Whatever the pedal before it makes me once three. So inevitably I ended up following the release inconvenience ...

Finally and for the price, this is a good pedal for the following reasons:

The +:
The price-
-Two different phaser
Ease-settings
The strength of the case-
Well thought-format
The-tone-lok (blockage of knobs) very useful
-Sounds funky / psyche
-Is still cheaper occaz

The -:
It's not enough analog
It unreliable (bug after 3 years in my case)
Personality-not always respected guitar with humbuckers

If I had to make this purchase today, I do not do it again to orient myself to the highest standard. For a beginner it's perfect to become familiar with phasers.