Fryette Amplification Two Fifty Two Black Beauty
Fryette Amplification Two Fifty Two Black Beauty
Le Mouk Le Mouk
Publié le 03/05/08 à 02:21
This is actually a version limit of VHT 2/50/2 Poweramp, but with the place of EL34 6L6. This Poweramp Has Designed for exclusivity in AudioTubeTech / Lyon, also a srigraphie back indicates.
The power is in 2x50W 2x62W Class A and Class AB.
There are between one (mono) channel. The road between the cA signal on both channels (although cool when using a mono preamp - which is not my case).
There are two speaker outputs with slecteur dimpdance (4, 8 or 16 ohms) per channel.

Each channel has three potentiomtres (volume, presence and depth), two switches (voicing and level), a standby switch and a Class A / Class AB.
The voicing adds shine by boosting the treble and high mids. The level lowers the volume a few db (I do not know exactly how much approx. 10-12db, I think) and then to attack a little more power tubes, trs useful ...

I hope there is also a distributor of prservatifs free, so I put a 10.

Setup is simple, it's a Poweramp! It enhances the preamp, so as long as it is of quality is easily obtained a good sound!
The manual is adequate, but less than clear and complete explanations of Gillou.

It should be any style of music.
I use it personally with an Engl preamp 570SE, in stereo, with an Engl 4x12 cabinet with V30 and a Marshall 1960A 4x12. The Engl is a monster of versatility, marriage Engl, VHT is truly amazing, the sound is ultra-pro.
I play mostly with an LTD EC-1000-60 EMG81 or Washburn Idol WI68 with USD in Custom Seymour Duncan Custom Custom and '59.

The three DIFFERENT potentiomtres and switches (and voicing class A / AB) more than enough to make me sound good complmentaires two for each speaker. In stereo, it's really the killer!
In voicing and disable the class A, by increasing the depth and reducing the presence, I even love my recommenced 1960A is saying!

I bought there just under six months.
J'hsitais much between the three Poweramp of VHT. The two-ninety is too powerful for my needs, so limine. I followed the advice of Gillou who told me that the Black Beauty silent most versatile of the three, and the best compromise between the potato and the KT88 "singing" of EL34. I do not regret my choice, even if I always had a priori preferences for the EL34 6L6.
As Poweramp, I tried the Marshall 9200 and Mesa 2:50. However, I have not tried this with my Poweramp Engl570, so I can hardly judge objectively the BB from its competitors ...
I do it again this choice. It is not given but it is an investment in the long term.
May be I will take a more in 2/50/2 EL34 when I grow up!
Thank you for Gillou AudioTubeTech and Olivier de LeadMusic / Genve for their advice and their kindness.
I know that perfection does not exist, but note 10, yes! And since I did not blame the Poweramp, and I do not see what we can expect more of a power amp ... 10! With "excellent" ...