Ernie Ball Nickel Wound Electric Slinky
Ernie Ball Nickel Wound Electric Slinky
darkwolf291 darkwolf291

« Great Strings for Lower tunings. »

Published on 04/01/11 at 22:17
These strings are great. They are 11-54 gauge, and meant for drop tunings. Nice clear, crisp sound with nice highs and articulate lows. Very easy to play, and are great for lower tunings like Drop C or D standard. They don't get super loose and flabby like other strings would, and that is a huge plus. I've always preferred Ernie Ball strings to other brands. I used to use GHS, and since I've switched to Ernie Ball, I don't think I'm ever leaving them. Their tone is warm on the lower strings and bright on the higher. They have the perfect balance of warm and bright for each string. In short, if you're looking for strings for lower tunings that won't feel like rubber bands and that sound great, these are your strings. As with all Ernie Ball strings, they sound great, and last for 2-4 weeks. Their life will be cut short if you live in an area of high humidity, or live near salt water. I haven't had a single string break in the time I used them. I used them for around a year, and the only string that broke was the low E. That was due to a burr in it's saddle, not the string quality. The strings are super easy to bend, as are all Ernie Ball strings. Being a higher gauge, they're a bit harder to bend and fret than 10's, but it's not a humongous difference. They take a bit of getting used to, but once you're used to 'em, they play great. In my opinion, these work best for D standard tuning and below. There's too much tension for me to use them in E standard. All in all, these are great strings for drop tunings. Ernie Ball has, once again, made an awesome pack of guitar strings.