Ernie Ball Nickel Wound Electric Slinky
Ernie Ball Nickel Wound Electric Slinky
darkwolf291 darkwolf291

« Great Strings »

Published on 04/02/11 at 19:39
These strings are great. Nice crisp, clear, and strong tone. They're great for everything from country to metal as long as you put them on the right guitar. The treble strings are bright, but not overly bright. The bass strings are warm, but still crisp and punchy. They have great punch and a nice, full, and rounded sound on all of the strings. They have a great feel and are not floppy at all in E standard or drop D. They are a bit floppy in D standard and Drop C, but they're still usable. They're very easy to string, and very easy to fret. They are super easy to bend as well. They keep their tone for 2-4 weeks depending on how often you play, how much you sweat, and the humidity levels where you normally keep your guitar(s). High humidity and being near salt water would make your strings lose their tone much faster. I used to use GHS strings, but then I started looking for different strings to use since I was not happy with them. They were poor quality and did not sound too good. I have been using Ernie Ball strings for 2 years and I haven't looked back since changed. I've only broken a handful of strings the entire time I have been using them. The only reason they broke was I had a burr on my low E's saddle. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with them breaking. Since I switched from GHS, I won't use any other strings now. They're the best quality and tone for the price in my opinion, and one of the best string makers around. Ernie Ball are known for makers of quality, great sounding strings, and that's exactly what you get when you buy these.