< Tous les avis Gitane DG-300
Guitar made in China by Saga

Ebony bridge with mustaches

Mahogany neck

21 frets with 14 off table

The table is solid spruce

The bottom and sides are Brazilian rosewood (very beautiful stripes)
laminate, it seems that selmers also had the bottom and sides in Laminate [check]

Ebony quality varies guitars on mine it shows 2 or 3 small color variations

Plating head ebony front and rear

The neck is quite nice, to have tried some good gypsy guitars it's bigger than most guitars French, almost as large as that of a classic, but it will not detract from the comfort and velocity that you can reach on the handle.

The guitar is very lightweight, it has the typical form of a gypsy guitar.

I pass access to acute, you know ...

The big highlight of this guitar is the sound, it is surprisingly good, after trying a few guitars made by master (Dupont, Lebreton, Mateos, ALD ...), the highlight of the 2nd guitar is it sounds "alone", the guitars comprativement 2500 - 3000 € luthiers named above, we do not feel outdone by the Gitane.

For the record when I played on the other (Smith and Co.) I felt Crelle of 4 sr 5 guitars that I could not attack properly (though I play in and stop attacking the strongest possible, clearly not enough for the Rolls), except for a model whose bottom and sides were made of maple. the Gypsy allowed me to make it sound like a real gypsy.

9 / 10 because if it sounds to me very well, it is possible that if you are a higher level you soyiez disappointed. the best thing to do is to try if you have the opportunity

Yes perfect for gypsy jazz at my level, it would be interesting to have the advice of a great guitarist, as Angelo Debarre example. If I get the chance I will show him. So I will ever be a post with advice from the master.

I have not had the opportunity to try another of the same brand so I can not say if the quality is consistent from one guitar to another.

We like: the sound quality, workmanship, finish and wood species

We love it: We like everything.

If I had to redo what I choose it again because for about 1000-1200 € can not be better.