< Tous les avis Cort Source

« Super rare, "Cort Source Performer , WOW"  »

Published on 10/13/18 at 22:34
Audience: Advanced Users
Peavey 20w, Jazz Brazil Funk music
Hard to precisely time it since there is no serial anywhere, after a search I would say late 80s early 90s.
Top craft, finishing is uppermost, great amazing acoustic power (not plugged in), tone and balance are superb from top to bottom, the guitar just projects loud crips and beautiful It's definitely a Jazz guitar.
Because of its age "Select by EMG" pickups have a wonderful warm round nice sound, similar to a Gibson PAF 57. For some the output level lightly on the low side might not suit. In that case because of the great sound quality of the EMGs due to aging, and only if you have to, I suggest replacing them with DiMarzio humbuckers from the 80s.For my taste those EMGs mics are just great.
The neck is also perfection and quick, you just cruise up and down and back.
The craft has no cons and on the overall comparison to a Gibson 335 (me playing a red 335 on my cover pic at a NY gig), for a fraction of the money, there's no comparison the Cort is the big winner.
The source performer is not a beginner guitar it's a player guitar.
A rare superb instrument and if you stumble on it, I would suggest to grab it.
Cort never stops impressing me.

Images linked to this review

• photo