Yamaha AEX1500
Yamaha AEX1500
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/01/08 à 21:20
(Originally written by devil-blues/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
- Made in Japan

- Frets: 20. Pickups: one mini humbucker, one piezo (bridge)

- Bridge: floating bridge with great-looking trapezoidal tailpiece!

- Settings: 3-way toggle switch, volume and tone controls for the mini humbucker, piezo/humbucker balance control, 3-band EQ for the piezo pickup.

- Neck: set maple neck (extremely pleasant to play!)

Wonderful-looking guitar! Just perfect.

Very pleasant neck, the hand slides smoothly. It's a real delight.

- Difficult access to the upper frets (15th fret and above) because of the shape of the guitar, but you'll quickly get used to it.

- Excellent playability. You can play two hours standing without getting tired! It's a real pleasure!

Good unplugged sound! Just plug it in and have fun. You'll quickly get any sound you need thanks to the pickup configuration.

- You can use it for all sorts of blues, and even for rock'n'roll but it is unbeatable for jazz! 70's hard rock is also not bad.

- I use it with a Fender Jazz King amp and it's a true delight. Add delay and reverb pedals and you are in paradise ;)

- You'll easily get a crystal-clear sound but you can also get a fat sound.

- I love every sound this guitar makes!

10/10 without hesitation

- I've been using it for one year and it has never disappointed me!

Pros: Neck, sound, looks!

Con? Nothing at all... except the access to the upper frets (between the 15th and 20th frets) which is still possible (and don't worry I've got short fingers).

- I tried out dozen of guitars (including two Gibson and two Fender) but this one is clearly my favorite instrument!

- Unbeatable value for money! I think it's worth at least twice its price!! You have to try it out.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again!