Fender Performer 1000
Fender Performer 1000
J-ft J-ft
Published on 01/14/07 at 18:09
Nice big Fender performer 1000, mainly solid-state amp but with a tube for the preamp on the lead channel.

According to Fender, it is rated at 120 watts, but I'd say its more like 200. This amp is a true bombshell. I have never dared crank it beyond 6.

Treble-Middle-Bass for the clean sound and 2 gain-treble-body-bass for distortion. Nothing could be simpler. Everything controlled with a 3-button footswitch (clean/distortion, Gain1/Gain2 and Reverb on/off).

Regarding distortions/effects, you have two distortion channels with two independent gain controls. It's ideal for solo/rhythm mode. It also features a reverb, which is quite good and very useful live.

A small drawback is the absence of a master and the lack of restraint at low levels.

Nothing is easier than using a Performer 1000. There's no head breaking. Just plug your guitar and rock on.

Now, when it comes to sound, I found the love of my life. The famous clean fender sound, very round and balanced. I don't like to drive the gain too much with distortion, so I always have a nice and round sound, perfect to play some blues. It's true that if you want something more powerful you need to resort to effects (personally, I use the legendary electro harmonix Big muff and a boss ds-1)

I recommend this amp to blues guitarists, even if I use it mainly with a rock/psycho/ska band.

The sound is magical. I use it with a Fender cyclone humbucker model and a single coil Strat.

It sounds just like you expect a Fender to sound. It's perfect for blues, and it's also very good for rock, but metalheads should look elsewhere.

A small amp with a huge power. However, you have to use it with good effects. If you use a pedal like the metal zone, your ears won't tolerate it very long. Aim for a more bluesy distortion.

I've used it for 1.5 years and have never been disappointed.

I paid CAN$300, secondhand. I have never found a better value for money.

I would buy it again anytime. I love it and will never part with it. However, I'm starting to find the sound a bit weak live.

I love everything about this amp, but it does lack a master, which poses some problems when you use the distortion channels frequently.

A nice little gem, especially for blues lovers.