Epiphone EJ-200
Epiphone EJ-200

EJ-200, Jumbo Steel String Guitar from Epiphone in the EJ series.

MGR/Da Fitz 05/26/2003

Epiphone EJ-200 : MGR/Da Fitz's user review

« Epiphone EJ-200 »

I aquired my EJ-200 From Musicians Friend in October 2002. With the case, my Blonde wonder came to just under $500.00

It's a decent instrument for the price. The fit and trim is quite good. I record with Condensor Mics. The EJ-200 has a bright sound that doesn't require much EQ

There have been problems with the as delivered set up. There was plenty of buzzing at the 12th fret. I didn't play it for about 2 weeks at one time. I picked up the guitar and the bridge saddle bottomed into the slot. The problem was corrected by shimming the slot with several small pieces of photo paper. I ended up fileing several of the frets between the 6th and 10 frets then compounding them. I've been around guitars all my life so I know where I'm at.I just think that closer attention should've been paid during construction.

Fit and finish is great considering what the USA made J-200 costs new. Great binding and the clear coat is flawless. The machines are quite nice. I think we're going to be great friends. She is called; "Marilyn"; "Blonde and Curvey"!!

Overall; I like the guitar. It's still breaking in. A solid Spruce top would've been nice. It's a good buy for what I spent. It's not junk. If you record, this sweetie likes big Condensor mics. It suits my needs and I don't feel that I've been taken. Sometimes I wish I had larger hands!