Native Instruments Maschine 1.6 Beta
The public beta test for the upcoming Maschine 1.6 update has started.
If you are a Maschine owner, you can download a functional 1.6 beta version, and submit possible bug findings to the Maschine team over a special "bug tracker" web page. The company says that the public beta version has been tested by its testing team, but for general reasons the company recommends that it should be "used with caution in performance-critical environments."
New and improved features:
- Plugin hosting for VST/AU instruments and effects
- Increased number of effect slots (3 per Sound, 4 per Group, 4 on Master)
- New "Pad Link" function with 8 pad groups and Master/Slave option
- Individual swing setting per sound
- Clip naming
- Sample renaming
- Improved scene duplication
- External audio input/output increased to 16 stereo channels
- Improved Drag&Drop mapping for samples
- Improved Drag&Drop from OS for Maschine files and audio files
- Drag&Drop rearrangement of scenes and patterns
- Snap-to-grid when moving events via mouse
- VST plugin operation under Mac OS X 64bit
- Rex import under Mac OS X 64bit
Here is a SoundsAndGear video demoing the update.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Lick Library: Learn to Play Fleetwood Mac Lick Library releases Learn to Play Fleetwood Mac, in a double DVD set with five Fleetwood Mac tracks covering the Lindsey Buckingham era explained by tutor Mike Casswell.
- Wave Alchemy Releases Wired Electronics Wave Alchemy releases Wired Electronics, a free drum sample pack produced with semi modular synthesizers.
- DJ Mixtools Build and Breakdown FX Vol 1 The 120 samples in this collection include 36 long build and breakdown loops between 8 and 64 bars in length, 40 One shot Samples including Booms and reverses, echoes and delays, 25 One Shot Risers, and 15 long evolving sweeps.