< Tous les avis Boss RC-30 Loop Station

Looper from Boss belonging to the RC series

benderleben benderleben

«  old jamman to RC30 »

Published on 12/12/13 at 13:20
I just changed my old jamman against a RC 30 then there is necessarily positive and ... negative.
to make a "fast (a novel five pages)" turn a little comparison and ignore any logical sense:

positive:
-2 Tracks available and adjustable: top

-Tempos changing the click without inventing warm water either

Gadgets-effects but who deserves to be there, it's always less painful than changing delay its place in the chain, for example ...)

negative:
- A very very slight loss in acute RC 30 (rendering very still correct)

- A little melimelo footswitch but the "price" to pay for this famous 2em track, I will test out the additional footswitch ...

- I is not even tested the XLR mic but just by turning the knob "mic" just a nice breath tickling his ear mmmm does not bode famous ...

-The "up" button and "down" to change banks: the fear of the rod if you are looking for a distant sentence .... the jamman had a spartan but effective this side ergonomics.

instinctive grip very well that have so much power over only 2 footswitch involves an adaptation and a "melimelo" time.

faders that control volume are a bit short and it feels a little cramped for mixing. but hey it's always handy visual landmark as compared to a much less readable knob ...

the manual is mistranslated as usual ... but just more than ample to take the beast in hand.
very simple.

the effects are quite poor but it was well thought out:
are matched directly to the tempo of loops (if they had put in a eh? ahem) so delay simpa remains filters ect to the DJ played and mumuse ok ... so why not gadget but these effects are not configurable at all and that's a shame and they are more systematically applied to two tracks and we can not do anything ...

I've had this morning is 22h I have played well over 3 hours.

I am yet skeptical when signal processing so it is neither for nor against but rather in the moist warmth of indecision I ask myself:
on the jamman is entitled to a volume knob for the input guitar signal while on the RC 30 there is "nothing to do".
This setting is simply absent. Against part is absent for a good reason, the RC 30 "beef" less sound than the jamman and in addition I am not yet managed to do flashed the fateful led "peak" which indicates a saturation input ( thank you captain obvious!). it is therefore great for the RC 30 + because in addition to less "pumping" sound it offers a more generous dynamic (malgrés the price to pay for these very good results.)
I think the jamman stereo as well that I have not tested it and apart from a reverse and 4 footswitch (it's still much better) which is expensive moin ... but good 2em track what ... in a compact size although they would still have changed their chassis eternal "twin" footswitch for 2 more ...