Boss RC-30 Loop Station
Boss RC-30 Loop Station

Looper from Boss belonging to the RC series.

Shaven Shakrah Shaven Shakrah

«  Positively impressed »

Publié le 04/26/11 à 09:14
First, try to compare the Boss RC-30 with Digitech previous Jamman I've owned for less than a year. Was the previous model with only 2 buttons, with the card of 2 GB and a pedal triple external (optional). Meanwhile, Digitech was replaced with Stereo Jamman which seems not bad but I prefer the Boss. Why? Read more ...

Features:
Jamman the same form, so neither compact nor too large (Twin Pedal).
Primary functions:
• Input and output stereo or mono selection
• Internal memory for up to three hours of stereo recording
• Organization of loops 99 memories
• Compared to Digitech, having two stereo tracks synchronized with separate volume faders and knobs track selection is the crucial (for me)
Additional features:
• Metronome "Rhythm Guide" with real drums
• USB 2.0 for connecting to a computer (import and export of WAV audio files)
• Internal Effects for the treatment of loops: the utility remains to be seen, yet I found this great now
• left and right inputs to jacks 1 / 4 "(guitar or otherwise)
• AUX mini-jack 1 / 8 "(external sources)
• XLR with phantom power (Micro)
Practice:
• The optional AC adapter is supplied 'in pack' for additional EUR 0
• Battery operation (batteries included)

Experience:
I have only been three days and I consider myself not as an expert.
But I won a small ox that night and the guests were impressed by all.
My equipment: Guitar Taylor 412ce LTD = = jack cable Channel 1 Amp Rivera Sedona Lite = send (effects loop) = Pedal Boss RC30 = return (loop end)
Attention at home because the effects loop of my Rivera Sedona is adjustable send and return volume ...
On another amp with a standard loop is perhaps not as optimal, but this suits me perfectly.

I have not emphasized because it overcharged experiencing live with an amp we use.
But the record is generally correct.

I think finally be positively impressed with the following remarks:

Weaknesses:
• The display is on only two characters: I would have liked a larger display, but it's not a need, a wish overcharged.
• The buttons / pedals have all preques dual functions: 2 seconds by pressing the pedal right to change the track and so on. In defense of Boss is only for advanced options and you get used pretty quickly.

Strengths:

• Quality and choice of rhythms, such as his superb Latin ...
• 2 tracks! So we can play like a multitrack: accompagnment apart on the track 1, track 2 enriched, cut the track if necessary,
• Volume control for individual pace, track 1, track 2 and microwave - it's downright small mixer!
• In addition, it can connect their iPod mini jack (no volume control, it's true, but Apple have their output volume adjustable).

I still advise that you test yourself.