Edwards E-LP-90LTS
Edwards E-LP-90LTS
ejendres ejendres

« Simply Awesome »

Published on 09/30/11 at 11:55
This is a Japanese Les Paul copy. Typical LP wiring and features. It comes stock with a Duncan JB in the bridge and a Duncan '59 in the neck. Very nice neck medium c neck, I'd say in between the '50s and '60s profile as far as thickness. Very smooth pots. The quality of the parts is excellent and the finish is stunning.

This is a top notch LP clone. Honestly it as good or better than all the Gibson LP's I've played. Its really easy to get great tone out of this guitar, it just oozes the classic Les Paul tone.

The '59 in the neck is my favorite neck pickup ever. Its the perfect balance of thickness and clarity, it cleans up really nice, and it just nails that smooth, open lead tone I want in an LP.

The JB leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. Where it really shines is with medium gain. Its super crunchy and sounds awesome for AC/DC style tone, it also can do a great 80’s pop metal tone. For cleans its mediocre and for high gain its really muddy and thin. Overall it’s not a bad pickup, just not as great as the rest of the guitar, and definitely not for me.

Honestly I'm switching out the JB, because I know the guitar will be that much better with a better pickup.

Overall this guitar is amazing. If you're looking for a US quality Les Paul Standard at a more affordable price you simply cannot beat this guitar. It nails the crunch rhythm tone and the smooth lead tone you expect from a Les Paul.

If you want a guitar for something other than classic rock I'd recommend swapping the bridge pickup. Otherwise this guitar cannot be beat.

I will be buying another Edwards in the future.