Gibson Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess
Created through work with Alex Lifeson, the Gibson Custom has come up with the Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess models.
In addition to its traditional Les Paul tonewoods, the Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess carries two high-output humbucking pickups with series/parallel options on its push-pull volume controls, and a Floyd Rose unit loaded with GraphTech Ghost piezo bridge saddles.
Here is what the company had to say:
"Access traditional Gibson magnetic humbucker tones, mix it up with fat and funky series/parallel options, tap the Ghost's acoustic tones, or blend acoustic and magnetic voices. What’s more, you can route it all through a traditional mono jack (labeled "Regular") using a single guitar cable, or use two cables to split the signal into separate output paths using the "Regular" and the "Life-O-Sound" output jacks together."
The Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess is available in two colors—Viceroy Brown and Royal Crimson—both approved by the artist. The first 50 guitars in this special run (25 in each finish) will be signed by the artist, with unsigned models to follow.
- One-piece mahogany back with figured maple top
- Push-pull volume pots for series/parallel wiring
- 496R/498T humbucking pickups with dual output jacks
- Graphtech Ghost piezo system-equipped Floyd Rose tremolo
- Vintage Kluson-style tuners with pearloid keystone buttons
MSRP $6115 (unsigned) or $9174 (signed)
For more information, visit the Gibson website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Gibson Les Paul Gothic Mortes Models Gibson has released two new American-made models under the Gothic Mortes names: a Les Paul Studio and an SG.
- New Cort MR710-F 2011 Model Cort Guitars has revised the MR710-F for 2011.
- DLS Effects Stereo Chorus Waves DLS Effects has announced the Chorus Waves pedal, designed to produce "chorusing from thick to transparent and everything in between."