Gibson Les Paul Studio DC
Gibson Les Paul Studio DC

LP-Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the Les Paul series.

gregzerozero gregzerozero

«  Wawwww, how it is rated so low as ca ___ »

Publié le 11/28/10 à 12:03
Value For Money : Poor
Les Paul shape with a few modifications, DC (double cut)
Made in USA
24 frets
2 humbucker
1 volume, 1 tone
Mine is dark green at the beginning I did not like but you get used
Characteristic of this model: a semiconductor body dug

is incomprehensible that this is not one of Gibson's most popular because:

The neck is super nice, nothing to do with the trunk of Les Paul Classic is a much more flat and round end (I think he calls slim AC tape but without certainty)

The box is really eased thanks to its cavities (3.4 kg for mine), it vibrates wonderfully.

The sound is really very close to a Les paul normal part she has a little more, like the ES, less fat

A bomb .... Typical Gibson sound but the lightness and more.

Good as it is on the super clean and flashy it is better to take no Fender, but it's not what I wanted. I wanted a powerful and melodic at the same time, capable of distortion but still clear and I found it. All the things lacking in traditional Les Paul, that they possess the
I play either directly connected to the amp, or I go through a multi effects Boss ME25. Either a Fender or a Champion600 Electro Harmonix Magnum44 coming out on 2x12 Marshall

Before you have it, I already had a bunch of mid-range guitar, Fender Tele Standard Tele Baja Jackson Performer Series 3 Charvel and a Gibson Les Paul Studio Black had belonged to Gary Moore (won in a contest) ...
The one I liked least was the Les Paul as too heavy, its too fatty, not enough melody ... I preferring to brief the Fender with maple fingerboard. Then I put in a rock band, true rock and it needed a humbucker sound, and I came across this Gibson DC I do not know and since I'm in love.
What I like least is the finish of the guitar but it's a good studio.

The price is OCCAZ vraient ridiculous given the guitar, from 200 to 400 below as they traditional have additional arguments (24 stick slim type, lightweight body). The only thing apart from a series Deluxe that came out in 2000 that is overpriced is that the colors are bof: dark green, dark burgundy, black or sunburst pretty ugly, that's all that was available I think.