< Tous les avis Maya (guitar) Les Paul
Maya (guitar) Les Paul
Maya (guitar) Les Paul
SG1802 SG1802
Published on 11/26/07 at 00:38
Made in Japan in the 80 ...
22 frets, 2 humbuckers
Stop bar bridge
4 knobs les paul classic
handle relatively large

Channel pleasant though not very fast, I mean no shredding but otherwise it's all good. Channel with a large radius curved enough.
Easy access to acute even until the last fret through the cut away.
Although quite heavy, the guitar is balanced standing position as asssise.
The sound you get from the start is really in the spirit of Les Paul Gibson. Heavy, warm and a very good and long sustain, now we need some time to adapt and tweaks to wake the sleeping beauty. Must therefore play with the knobs on the guitar and those of the amp.

At the time that I bought used in 1993 in Pigalle ... I guess it was appropriate for all types of music we were doing, that is the "rock you got 20 years you put the knobs at the bottom." Today with more experience, I would say it's a guitar that can rock good and hard but excels especially in blues and jazz situations!
I use a Kustom Tube 12 and a Torque TR100. I can tell you that with the Torque and the bowl 15 ", ca sent! But where is a total bluff is when my luthier did ring on his hot rod. Luthier is,&nbsp;it was&nbsp;able to take everything she could give it, awesome!

I've had since&nbsp;93. I used it for 4 years and then abandoned him in the cellar for 10 years! (My friends and I have taken separate paths and varied but I can not explain this decision of gratouillage electric)
I put in for a luthier that he revives, adjusting the neck, pickups, etc. .. I conseillle at all to do from time to time, especially those who control the Internet, your guitar does not come out better than good prices.
The value is out of proportion, this guitar is probably 25 years now, it sounds! ITS is sound, I remember that an imitation Les Paul. Is it a gibson? Probably not but it has character all its own. In any case it leaves behind all Epiphone!
This choice? I would hate to death if I did not.

I remind you that Maya is a Japanese brand that Kobe was a lot of respect. Unfortunately the factory was destroyed in the earthquake, and did not found. But the revival is in fashion, you never know ...