PRS SE Singlecut
PRS SE Singlecut

LP-Shaped Guitar from PRS belonging to the SE series.

Syzigy Syzigy

«  "A superb Great, very interesting on all points. »

Publié le 05/29/11 à 16:51
- Features mentioned below, if not take a ride on the PRS website.
- In view of the finish of the grat is good value for money. It is class with personality without being destructive to the purchase.

- The handle is a handle of "Les Paul" style PRS, it is rounded, while not huge, for me it would be a bit of a handle Gibson type 50's (which resembles a log in the grip), but in a much smaller. So it makes it fairly easy to grip, if you love the sleeves flare, nothing to do with sleeves Ibanez or Fender.
- The weight of the guitar is light weight and balance is very good, the body of the guitar is fine and not chamfered, but given an acceptable thickness of the body does not interfere with his game right arm.
- Access to treble is a little bit problematic, the heel of the neck is fairly thick and wide, cutting the body does not help too much either. Following is a les paul, hurtling down a highway for wanting to have other models, but its still doable with the Great.
- At the sound is not hard to carve out one, two pickups with a three position selector switch and volume and overall tone. For volume and tone, one can say they are doing their job, the pots are progressive.

- I plugged in the grat marshall JCM 2000 and a Roland Micro Cube, I added a Satchurator time and a Boss MT-2.
- I mainly play blues and rock / hardrock and some excursions in the area of ​​the metal. I've always been happy with the sound that emerged.
- In the clean sound of the bridge pickup is very acute on access, but without being garish or smacking, it does nothing specific in its clean but its still usable in jazz or blues if you play a little with tone. The neck pickup when it is well to round, felted, but there is enough light, it is very usable in blues or rock for quieter passages clean. Using both pickups together on a clean sound remains for me the best way to maximize the Great, the sound is full, there is no empty sound whatsoever agree or arpeggios.
- To crunch or lead sound, bridge pickup stands up very well. It is very clean, it does almost no feedback, but in high levels of saturation. The response of the microphone is good, his attack as it should and the dynamics of the game is respected. The neck pickup is very good too, it liquefies over the game, while holding the hand felted, very significant for the sweeping and even tapping. However I find that the two microphones set on a crunch sound / humid, make less than clean, it sounds a bit messy.
- With the addition of pedal, the grat is doing a very good way, the color of sound changes (logical) but its cleanliness and its definition is still as nickel than without.

- I used this guitar for almost three years before selling it to me a Transatlantic Mesa.
- It was my second guitar after a Cort X2, before buying it I tried epiphone (les paul and SG) for Ibanez, and Gibson Studio, a Lag Rm 200 (super nice, very nice surprise) , LTD of ... short string of guitar, I did lose my foot in favorite retailer! And in the same genre, I can honestly say that compared to its price it is a Gibson studio even better because the quality of constancy in PRS is safe, not at Gibson. Anecdotally, I heard that the specification of PRS is identical to U.S. models and SE series, only different types of wood and manufacturing (more steps performed at the machine series SE).
- In the kind Les Paul, both at the sound of aesthetics, I found nothing better in this price range.
- Most are versatile microphones, the clean side of the microphones, the flawless finish of the Great, easy to take his stick in hand, the ergonomics of the entire grat.
- Cons are: - Lack of split, the mechanics a bit light, finally here is really to find fault.
- A remake that choice I sink again.