[Musikmesse] Midas Generation-II Software
Midasis announces the launch of Generation-ll software for all Midas digital consoles at Prolight + Sound 2012, Hall 8, Stand L80.
Generation-ll software is described as "encapsulating the user feedback Midas has been gathering for the past five years." The new software is designed to bring the advanced navigation features pioneered on the Midas PRO2, and retro-fits this methodology into the entire range of Midas digital consoles.
The Advanced Navigation modes are:
- Collapsed Flip – hides any channels not assigned to the selected bus
- FX Navigation – displays FX processors when appropriate bus is selected
- GEQ Navigation – flips VCA faders to GEQ control when appropriate bus is selected
- MCA (mix control association) mode – a separate bank of VCAs for each of the consoles’ buses
In addition to the new console navigation modes, Generation-ll software includes new resolution FX plug-ins, designed to exceed the performance of 3rd party algorithms and hardware devices, but also to operate within Midas’ automatic latency management technology.
The new FX plug-ins include:
- Five new reverb processors – Ambience, Chamber, Hall, Plate and Vintage room
- Dynamic EQ
- 8 x 8 matrix mixer with EQ and delay
- Dual stereo chorus
- Dual stereo tap delay
A new multi-tabbed Preferences screen with new user options means that all Midas digital consoles can be ‘customised’ to the operator’s personal predilections. The new ‘console overview’ screen for PRO3, 6 and 9 provides reporting of the system’s audio status. Other new G-ll features include aux pan linking, global pre/post selection and per-channel viewing of VCA and POP group membership.
The final component of Midas Generation-Il software is an onboard DHCP server, which permits remote control of a Midas digital console wirelessly from an Apple iPad, via any standard Ethernet-equipped wireless router.
Visit www.midasconsoles.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Midas XL-48 Midas has launched the XL48 ‘digi-log’ mic preamp at Prolight + Sound / Musikmesse 2012, Hall 8, Stand L80.
- Midas PRO2/PRO2C Midas has launched the latest additions to its PRO Series of digital consoles, the Midas PRO2 and PRO2C live audio systems, at PLASA 2011, stand 1-F19.
- Midas VeniceF-16R Midas has launched the VeniceF-16R, a 16-channel rack mount variant of its new ‘digi-log’ mixing console, the VeniceF.