Prodipe USB MIDI Interface 1in/1out
Prodipe USB MIDI Interface 1in/1out
- Mimi - - Mimi -

«  No worries for me! »

Publié le 12/17/10 à 05:19
I needed a simple interface to connect to my old Yamaha PSR-230 synth recently recovered from the cellar, to be able to toy with my GarageBand projects (ie use it as master keyboard).

I had gone to buy me an E-MU 1x1 which I had seen good reviews, they have not in store, so I'm left with the Prodipe which has exactly the same characteristics:
- 1 MIDI input
- 1 MIDI output
- 1 USB port

... And that's it! No drivers needed for Mac, on paper, plug and play for a small price compared to Firewire soundcards MIDI & Co.

So in terms of features, it is absolutely necessary, neither more nor less. I

not usually give an opinion on a product I just bought, just to take a step back, but in the case of Prodipe who wants "no driver" "plug and play" easy to use "etc. .. it seems legitimate to me to share my experience on the spot, I revise my decision in the future if needed.

CHRONOLOGY: I go home I read the reviews = AF: Dithyramb! = "I still bought a thin dung ... but we will still try" = I turn on my Macbook and connect my synth = I unpack the product very carefully when returning from the merchant seeks record = = y 'no! = "Shit, this is the first time I use such material, it will be cotton" = I open a GarageBand project = I plug the device ME AS STATED SELLER = I configure my synth to send out its MIDI = info I am launching a virtual instrument track = "Damn, I can not control" = I'm looking for a few minutes if I do not check / adjust / download something somewhere = Idea " if it does not work, maybe it's because I opened GB BEFORE plugging the thing "I close GB = = I = I reopens GB tripotte few keys on my keyboard =" oohhhh miracle too much! j 'comes to controlling my VST! No worries! It's too much ball! "

Total cost of transaction: 5 minutes by the clock!

It's perfect, so 10 (no choice).

No drivers to install, no software to download, no manual to read, no configuration to do in GarageBand = nothing wrong, it's perfect for me!

I recall that this review is for a master keyboard configuration + Macbook + GarageBand, I've tested with another OS or another program.

If you are in this case, no worries for you.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The MIDI files Prodipe the male should be considered as inputs and outputs of the interface, as if there was need MIDI cables to connect the keyboard interface. We must therefore CONNECT THE PIN MARKED "IN" THE "OUT OF THE KEYBOARD AND THE SPIT OUT" TO "IN" THE KEYBOARD. Otherwise it does not work!

I hope that the perpetrators of previous opinions have not made this mistake, in which case review would be distorted by misuse of the product. It is true that due to lack of info.

So I put 8 in total, I get penalized two points for the absence of instructions to avoid the problems discussed in my last comment. Luckily I came across a knowledgeable salespeople (like what ... there) who told me this feature, otherwise I think I made the mistake. For the rest of the product corresponds to the time perfectly to my expectations.