Forge Audio Designs BEAT to MIDI
BEAT to MIDI, a Beat Detection and Drum Replacement tool which producers and musicians can implement to extract MIDI data from Drum loops, is the first VST release from Forge Audio Designs.
BEAT to MIDI is designed to allow for the correction of poorly captured or performed drum recordings after the recording session has taken place BEAT to MIDI uses sophisticated algorithms to identify each drum hit (or transient) in the time domain.
Once this point is detected, MIDI data can be used to trigger replacement drum samples to alleviate poor quality recordings and/or timing errors, the company says.
BEAT to MIDI offers the following features:
- Detection of drum strikes and output of detections to a (defined) single MIDI note
- Supervised Pattern Matching system to identify drum instruments
- Detection of drum strikes and drum instruments with output of detections to appropriate (General MIDI defined)
- MIDI notes Automatic ratio settings to allow settings of thresholds.
BEAT to MIDI will be available mid July 2011 from www.forgeaudiodesigns.com as a freeware download.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Best Service Klanghaus Best Service recently released Klanghaus, a new virtual instrument, based on Best Service's Engine 2 sample player, that includes sounds sampled from Ferdinand Foersch's custom built strange instrument collection.
- Line 6 Spider Online Line 6 announces the launch of Spider Online, a new free online resource for owners of Spider amplifiers.
- VirSyn TDesign v1.1 VirSyn announced the release of TDesign 1.1.