Blue Cat Audio launches MB-7 Mixer 2.0
Blue Cat Audio completely rewrote its MB-7 Mixer multiband processing plug-in in this v2, which now includes multiband VST hosting capabilities.
The Blue Cat MB-7 Mixer 2 splits the signal into several frequency bands so you can process them as is they were separate tracks. It offers the ability to host up to 4 VST plug-ins per band and transform any regular plug-in into a frequency processor.
V2 now features a new modular user interface with the following new features:
- Show only what you need
- New color or greyscale overlaid spectrogram view
- Multiple display sizes
- Customizable gain range
- Improved readability
- Animated transitions
- Apply VST effects to a selected frequency range
- Add up to 4 VST plug-ins on each band
- Pre and post fader plug-ins slots
- Integrated latency compensation engine, with real time host reporting
- Optional undo/redo integration
- VST Presets Management
- Bypass inserted plug-ins individually
- New integrated presets manager with the ability to load/save presets from the plug-in GUI, organize presets with folders, customize the default preset and exchange presets easily
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out)
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface
- Several improvements and bug corrections
Note: this new version can be installed side by side with the previous version for backward compatibility reasons. Installing this new version won't break your previous projects.
MB-7 Mixer 2 is available as a VST, RTAS, AAX, AU and DirectX plug-in on 32 and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows.
You can purchase it alone for the special introductory price of $96 instead of $129 until september 30th. Users who purchased version 1 in the past two months will receive the upgrade for free, older users will pay $25.
The plug-in is also available in the following bundles with special prices until the end of the month:
- MB Dynamix Pack: $271 instead of $339
- Energy Pack: $367 instead of $459
- All Plug-ins Pack: $1039 instead of $1299
You can also download a demo version from www.bluecataudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?