Blue Cat Audio launches MB-7 Mixer 2.0
Blue Cat Audio completely rewrote its MB-7 Mixer multiband processing plug-in in this v2, which now includes multiband VST hosting capabilities.
The Blue Cat MB-7 Mixer 2 splits the signal into several frequency bands so you can process them as is they were separate tracks. It offers the ability to host up to 4 VST plug-ins per band and transform any regular plug-in into a frequency processor.
V2 now features a new modular user interface with the following new features:
- Show only what you need
- New color or greyscale overlaid spectrogram view
- Multiple display sizes
- Customizable gain range
- Improved readability
- Animated transitions
- Apply VST effects to a selected frequency range
- Add up to 4 VST plug-ins on each band
- Pre and post fader plug-ins slots
- Integrated latency compensation engine, with real time host reporting
- Optional undo/redo integration
- VST Presets Management
- Bypass inserted plug-ins individually
- New integrated presets manager with the ability to load/save presets from the plug-in GUI, organize presets with folders, customize the default preset and exchange presets easily
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out)
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface
- Several improvements and bug corrections
Note: this new version can be installed side by side with the previous version for backward compatibility reasons. Installing this new version won't break your previous projects.
MB-7 Mixer 2 is available as a VST, RTAS, AAX, AU and DirectX plug-in on 32 and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows.
You can purchase it alone for the special introductory price of $96 instead of $129 until september 30th. Users who purchased version 1 in the past two months will receive the upgrade for free, older users will pay $25.
The plug-in is also available in the following bundles with special prices until the end of the month:
- MB Dynamix Pack: $271 instead of $339
- Energy Pack: $367 instead of $459
- All Plug-ins Pack: $1039 instead of $1299
You can also download a demo version from www.bluecataudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Universal Audio special offer in september Universal Audio lowers the price of its delay, reverb and modulation plug-ins for UAD and Apollo until September 30th.
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro Review Decisively relentless, IK Multimedia completes its iOS interface series with the iRig Pro. Pro? Three letters that imply that what we have in our hands is an iOS interface capable of managing a microphone, a guitar or a line level signal, while also featuring a MIDI input... The perfect interface?
- Sample Katra launches with five new instruments! Sample Katra launches with five new instruments!