SKnote Releases Specter
SKnote has announced the release Specter, a new mastering VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Although it was developed for mastering it is also very useful on single instruments, groups or effects, according to SKnote.
The main difference from other similar effects is that the input signal isn't split in bands. The plug-in continuously calculates an overall response including all the modules and applies it to the input signal, thus avoiding artifacts coming from several effects in series, according to SKnote.
There are 4 inputs and 2 outputs, allowing mono and stereo sidechaining (depending on the host).
Specter includes 6 modules:
- Linear phase equaliser.
- Multiband compressor-expander with sidechaining and vocoding.
- Stereo width equalisation.
- Spectral limiter.
- Brickwall limiter.
It also includes:
- Spectrum analyser.
- Mid-side balance.
- Sample-accurate wet-dry balance.
A detailed description with snapshots and audio examples is available on the SKnote web site, together with some songs mastered with Specter.
Pricing & Availability
Specter is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in. It has an MSRP of €279 (excluding tax, where applicable).
A detailed description with snapshots and audio examples is available on the SKnote web site, together with some songs mastered with Specter. For more info, check out /www.sknote.it.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] PreSonus Software Established PreSonus announced that it has established PreSonus Software, Ltd., a new entity based in Ireland.
- [NAMM] Philtre Labs Bollywood Elements Philtre Labs released the follow-up to their worldwide hit 'Bollywood Grooves', Bollywood Elements.
- 112db Releases Redline Monitor 112dB has announced that Redline Monitor, a near-field monitor simulation for headphones, is now available in RTAS/VST/AU format for Windows and Mac OS X at the introductory price of €69/$69.