Soundtoys Crystallizer
Publié le 12/09/09 à 15:40
The Soundtoys Crystallizer is an echo plug-in that is compatible with a variety of interfaces.  Installing the plug-in in my configuration wasn't a problem at all as it the process only took a short while.  I didn't have any compatibility issues or other related problems and was able to have the plug-in running within a few minutes.  The interface of the software also didn't take long too get accustomed to as it is a user friendly plug-in for the plug-in.  The interface features parameters for mix, pitch, splice, delay, recycle, threshold, gate, input, and output, so as you can see there are a lot of control settings to work with.  I've never had a need to look at the manual, but I think it is easy enough to use anyway that you don't really need one.

I am currently running Soundtoys Crystallizer on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM.  I run the plug-in solely in Pro Tools LE 7.4 that runs with a Digi 002R audio interface.  Within this configuration I've been able to run a few of these plug-ins within a single session without issues.  As I do with all reverbs and delays, I use these on aux channels and bus my tracks to them to save processing power, which I believe is essential while running LE or a similar type of set up.  As long as you have a system that you are currently able to run plug-ins on at a pretty good rate, I don't think this plug-in will present any problems for you.

Soundtoys Crystallizer isn't your typical echo plug-in.  The sounds that you can get range from traditional to unique, but it is the unique and strange sounds that I can get from this plug-in that make it so appealing to me.  The plug-in won't cost to much and is definitely worth the investment if you looking for an interesting echo/delay plug-in.  Soundtoys makes some pretty awesome sounding plug-ins, and I would definitely lump Cystallizer in this group.  All in all, the plug-in is definitely worthy of a try for both home studio and professional studio owners alike.