Voxengo updates PHA-979 to v2.5
Voxengo has updated its PHA-979 plugin to version 2.5, including several new features.
Voxengo PHA-979 is a track phase and time alignment audio plugin, available in AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.6 and later) and Windows computers.
PHA-979 version 2.5 includes the following changes:
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Added "Brown" and "White" color schemes.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Added 90%, 110% and 150% visual scales.
According to Voxengo, PHA-979 is useful during mixing sessions, especially when working with the sound material recorded through an array of microphones. In many cases, this should allow to solve various phasing problems arising from the microphone placement chosen during the tracking session. In other cases this process may help to align drums and other instruments to each other bringing punch and time coherence not attainable by the ordinary time-aligning alone.
PHA-979 features include:
- Arbitrary signal phase control
- Linear-phase design
- Multi-band correlation meter
- Positive/negative time delaying
- Delay time calculator
- Mid/side channel balance control
- Stereo output panning
- Stereo and mono processing
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
PHA-979 end-user license is available for purchase on-line for US$59.95.
Demo version and more details available at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/pha979/
Viewers of this article also read...
- ViaDSP releases Crush Filter ViaDSP has released the Crush Filter, a combination of lowPass & highPass filters and a bitcrusher.
- 48-hour flash sale at Plugin Alliance For two days only, Plugin Alliance offers special deals on their Elysia Mpressor and Brainworx bx_limiter plugins.
- Friday's Freeware: DrumTROOP DubTurbo's DrumTroop is a rompler with an army of presets available as VST and AU for Mac OS X and Windows.