Hufschmid Guitars String Muters
JOKREB JOKREB

« Hufschmid guitar string dampener »

Published on 09/21/15 at 03:41
Audience: Anyone
I started using scrunchies when I first attempted to mute the strings of my guitars to get rid of some unwanted noises during the recording sessions.

I eventually bumped into what appears to be a pretty popular company offering some muters they call fretwrap but ended up having to replace them every couple weeks, they just start to fall apart. My further searches brought me to the MAB and Batten string muters but both devices have to be mounted mechanically onto the instrument which is not practical.

I then heard through social medial about an artisan who builds guitars and picks, he is based in switzerland, I visited his website and found out about his own string muter design which are completely handmade, I must admit this was the trigger because I am all for supporting something which is handmade and the design was pretty much everything I was looking for so I ordered 2 dampeners which I've included in the pictures (pictures from Hufschmid Guitars BTW).

2 weeks later I received a gorgeous packet which was wax sealed :8O: and the two gorgeous string dampeners. I could not believe the quality of the craftsmanship, this is the first thing you will notice when you handle them, you will spend 10mn at just watching all the details!

I've been using them since April on several guitars, one of my friends is now using one on his 5 string bass guitar, those are built incredibly well and do not come apart unlike the other cheap ones I've ordered, if you are looking for quality, then wait no longer!

Images linked to this review

• photo