Artiphon Instrument 1
Artiphon has been teasing details of its first instrument, Instrument 1.
Instrument 1 is a form of controller to be used in conjunction with an iOS device, inspired by traditional stringed instruments and featuring a 'force-sensitive virtual string interface', as well as some form of multitrack recording capability and audio and MIDI outs.
According to the Artiphon official site: "We are extending the musical possibilities of iOS devices into dramatically new territory. With an ergonomic body crafted from heirloom-quality hardwoods, this hybrid species of instrument offers musicians a force-sensitive interface, robust connectivity, and exceptional sound quality. Whether playing at home, in the studio, on the road, or on stage, Artiphon presents a dynamically new way to touch sound."
The following features have been announced:
- Extends the musicals capabilities of iOS apps beyond the screen
- A body form inspired by traditional stringed instruments that can be held in multiple positions
- Custom electronics and hardwoods, made in Nashville, TN
- Stereo speakers designed to produce warm sound
- Force-sensitive virtual string interface designed to add detail and nuance
- Performance interface and multi-track recording
- Compact size and onboard battery
- Built-in MIDI and audio connections designed to integrate with GarageBand, Pro Tools and more
Under $1000 with pre-orders available early 2013.
More details soon at www.artiphon.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Fxpansion DCAM ChanComp Rack Extension FXpansion has announced the release of its DCAM ChanComp Rack Extension for Reason, a circuit-modelled channel compressor.
- SKnote C165a SKnote has released C165a, a circuit modeled emulation of a great VCA compressor with internal peak limiter.
- Studio Devil Virtual Tube Preamp Studio Devil has released Virtual Tube Preamp, a new plug-in that emulates the analog circuitry of a class-A biased, vacuum tube preamplifier.