[Musikmesse] Percussa Audio Cubes
Percussa demonstrates their Audio Cubes, which are capable of generating and processing audio and MIDI information.
Create a live performance by creating musical patterns which sync to each other, or control your MIDI-compatible instruments or software using the cubes. Synchronize cube light patterns to your music.
Create lo-fi sounds and musical patterns by moving and combining cubes, without using a computer or complex user interfaces. Each cube is intelligent and exchanges musical information wirelessly with nearby cubes.
Apply lo-fi audio effects to external signals. Moving and combining cubes changes effect configuration and settings. Each cube has a ¼ inch input and output.
Compatibility, System Requirements and Recommendations
- The AudioCubes are compatible with Windows XP and Mac OSX 10.4 or later.
- One USB 1.1 or later port is required to configure the AudioCubes.
- Recommend to have at least 256MB of RAM in your computer, 600MB free disk space (for sound libraries) and a Pentium 3 or Mac G3 or later processor.
- For charging the AudioCubes' internal batteries use the USB Hub.
- The cubes come with configuration software (patches) and the Max/MSP runtime. You don't need Max/MSP to use the cubes or the software. The runtime is free. If you are an advanced user and want to modify our software (patches), you might want to buy a Max/MSP license (or use the demo freely available from Cycling74's website).
AudioCube Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 75mm x 75mm x 75mm
- Weight: 0.4 Kg
- Wireless transmission range: approx. 40cm
- Battery Autonomy / Full Charge Time: approx. 3 hours
- USB 2.0 (HID) (per cube): full speed data rate (12Mbps) for fast trigger / continuous controller info, MIDI compatible
- Audio In/Out (per cube): 1/4 inch jacks for lo-fi sound processing (32kHz / 9 bit)
For More Info:
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Deep Frets - Session Rock BandmateLoops.com has unveiled a new session oriented Electric Guitar loop collection for Musikmesse 2008.
- [Musikmesse] RME Audio MADIface At Musikmesse Frankfurt RME presents the new MADIface, a portable MADI solution for Laptops, providing 128 channels of audio with up to 192 kHz.
- [Musikmesse] Toontrack EZplayer Pro Toontrack Music Announces EZplayer Pro At 2008 Frankfurt Musikmesse.