Based around the Stealth FPGA technology, the DiGiCo SD Rack is an I/O rack for any mixing console withmultiple format sample rate conversion and 448 I/O, in any combination at 96kHz, spread across multiple racks.
While the SD Rack converters can operate at 192kHz, you can also select other sample rate options for specific outputs – for example, MADI at 48kHz for broadcast or recording feeds, or 96kHz - meaning that the SD Rack serves as a multi-sample rate signal splitter, which even allows you to use DiGiCo's next generation ultra-smooth microphone preamps to replace the standard microphone preamps of an analogue or other brand of digital console, the company says
At 96kHz, the measured delay from the stage rack A-D, through a full channel with processing via the bussing with processing, back to the stage rack D-A is around 1mS, according to DiGiCo. Also integrated with the MADI split is Gain Tracking, which is designed to allow another console or a broadcaster to take any of an SD Rack's AES, analogue or MADI outputs at a stable level, irrespective of the microphone preamp settings on the SD7, covering a signal level range of +/-40dB.
This can be turned on at any time, so the one pre amp for each physical input can have four independently controlled levels. The SD Rack has a 56 input / 56 output arrangement, in blocks of eight, and can accommodate multiple digital formats, including:
• Analogue mic line inputs and outputs
• AES inputs and outputs, both with sample rate conversion
• AES I/O card •Aviom - second generation module
• ADAT module providing eight ins and outs
• AES 42 module
All card formats are independently hot-swappable and auto-detecting using Micro Blaze technology. The Mic card user feedback is provided by multiple LEDs and any input can be split internally to any opposing output on the rack. Power supplies are also hot-swappable, with the additional feature that all main connections are at the top of the rack.
Finally, there is a full RGB backlit display that can also be used to control and programme the unit.
For more, visit www.digico.org.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.