Avid Interplay Central
Musikmesse is just over and already the NAB show opened yesterday in Las Vegas, with Avid announcing Interplay Central, a product designed to accommodate various workflows and provide tools for on-the-go users through both web- and mobile-based apps
Interplay Central is designed to allow individuals in different media production functions to access various tools designed to help with assets, team collaboration, and workflow. Interplay Central is first available to users through both a web-based portal and a mobile app.
Interplay Central serves as a window into an organization’s content creation, management and distribution infrastructure. Using a laptop or desktop computer connected to the web, a range of staff members—including executive producers, technical directors, editors, graphic artists, loggers, writers, reporters, web producers and more—can sign into the Interplay Central portal and access "self-contained persona 'panes'" that are designed for tasks associated with different parts of the media production process. The Interplay Central Mobile app is designed to let users browse, create and edit content even when users are offline or out of network range. Content changes made by users who are working with Interplay Central Mobile in offline mode will be reflected in projects as soon as they have regained network connectivity.
According to Avid, individuals and teams who use these apps will have:
- Team members who have responsibility for completing specific media creation, production and management tasks are no longer required to use standalone systems or products that are only available in a designated facility. In addition, because Interplay Central provides role-based tools for multiple users, individuals who focus on multiple responsibilities can use different toolsets within the app instead of having to launch a multitude of disparate, standalone products.
- By reducing dependencies on isolated software applications that were designed for narrowly defined roles and responsibilities, Interplay Central provides one common entry point for all users.
- With support for a range of media personas and toolsets, individual contributors working on different parts of a project can interact with one another within Interplay Central.
The first version of Interplay Central is planned for release in Q2 2011. For more information about Interplay Central, visit www.avid.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Platinumloops Hip Hop Producer Pack 7 This Dr. Dre inspired sample pack features 10 song construction kits in the gangsta rap genre with 125 loops at 24 bit audio quality.
- [Musikmesse] SoundToys Devil-Loc Deluxe SoundToys Inc announces the availability of their new Devil-Loc Deluxe plug-in and a special time-limited promotion.
- DirectEMX for Mac OSX DirectEMX, the VST edior for the Korg EMX, is now available for Mac OSX