MOTU has announced that Volta is now shipping.
Volta is the ground-breaking virtual instrument plug-in that turns your audio interface into a voltage control interface. Any hardware device with a control voltage (CV) input can be placed under precise digital control from your favorite audio workstation software, according to MOTU.
Supposedly you can play and automate modulars, analog synths - even effects processors. Imagine being able to play and automate your CV-equipped analog gear from Digital Performer, Logic Pro, or Live with the same level of control, precision and convenience as a virtual instrument.
Volta feature highlights:
- Standard virtual instrument plug-in that turns an audio interface with DC-coupled outputs into a voltage control interface.
- Lets you control external modular synths or other CV-equipped gear from your computer.
- Works with Digital Performer, Logic Pro, Live and other Audio Unit instrument hosts that support side chain outputs.
- Works with any MOTU audio interface equipped with TRS outputs, including the 24io with 24 TRS outputs, expandable to 96.
- Instrument plug-in operation within your favorite host software.
- Provides 24 control outputs per plug-in instance. Use as many instances as needed.
- Converts MIDI track data to control voltages to play modulars, analog synthesizers and other CV-equipped sound sources.
- Sample-accurate MIDI playback with supporting host software (such as DP).
- Provides seven different control source types, including MIDI notes, MIDI controller data and audio track automation, plus tempo-synced sources such as LFOs, clock pulses and trigger/pattern sequencers.
- Provides one-click pitch and octave calibration per oscillator using either Hz/V or V/oct tuning standards.
- View at a glance the total calibrated range for each oscillator/interface combination.
- Sync multiple drum machines, arpeggiators and other clock destinations with independent PPQ resolution for each device.
For complete product information, tutorial movies, sample audio and system requirements, please visit the Volta web pages.
Pricing & Availability
With an MSRP of $249, Volta is available now for Mac OS X in MAS and AU plug-in formats.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Acoustica Mixcraft Updated To v4.5 b117 Acoustica has updated Mixcraft to v4.5 b117.
- MeldaProduction Updates MeldaProduction has released updates for the MMasteringBundle (v1.03), MAutoEqualizer (v1.03), MDynamics (v1.07) and MSpectralDynamics (v1.02).
- Mastering the Ensoniq EPS/ASR Samplers This book is designed as a tool for using the EPS, EPS-16 Plus, and ASR samplers.