Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec
Sonnox has announced the release of the Fraunhofer Pro-Codec, a plug-in designed for the real-time auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio signals using Fraunhofer codecs.
Mix and mastering engineers may now audition up to five codecs in real time within a DAW environment. The Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in enables the production of mixes, and provides the option to batch encode to multiple formats. Major codecs, including: mp3, mp3 Surround, AAC-LC and HE-AAC are supported, as are such lossless codecs as mp3 HD and HD-AAC.
Sonnox has devised a FFT display which illustrates the input and output difference signals and a graphical indication of codec-induced noise audibility. Bit-stream level meters display the possibility of decode overloads. A-B auditioning enables engineers to switch between codecs, or input and codec. A blind listening mode (ABX) further supports codec comparisons.
- Supported Codecs:
- mp3, mp3 Surround, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, and HE-AAC v2.
- mp3-HD and HD-AAC (Lossless Codecs).
- Ability to select up to five codecs for simultaneous export, in real time, to encoded files.
- Auditioning with glitchless switching.
- Ability to audition the difference between input signal and codec output.
- AB auditioning in real time between codecs, or between codec and input signal.
- ABX mode for blind statistical testing.
- Graphical displays include:
- Display of the Input signal and Diff signal.
- Indication of the audibility of audio removed by the encoding process.
- Bitstream levels and ability to compensate for overloads.
- Indication of filesize or datastream compression.
- Phase metering.
- Off-line encoding and decoding.
Pricing & Availability:
The Pro-Codec costs £295 / $495 and is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS effect plug-in formats.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rob Papen Punch v1.0.0a Rob Papen has released version 1.0.0a of its Punch virtual drum synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
- 7AIR DRX8R 7AIR has announced the release of DRX8R, a freeware reverb/compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
- LinPlug Mac OS X 64-bit Versions LinPlug has released Mac OS X 64-bit versions of Albino, Alpha and CronoX.