Aria Pro II Original Custom Body TS-600
Aria Pro II Original Custom Body TS-600
Topprog Topprog
Publié le 09/29/07 à 10:59
Japanese.
Purchased used in 1988 for my 30 years, impossible to know the exact year, it's just the latest version and that manufacturing was stopped in 1983 .......
This guitar still surprises by the number of switches .....
For other features, see the notice below which I add:
The finish is perfect, the varnish very strong at the bridge and nut (brass ....) just exudes strength, and is actually strong, because since I have regrets that I did not fall untimely Tone switch!
The wood used, maple and ash are of excellent quality, the ebony fingerboard is rare on current models and mechanical impeccables.Seule color, natural wood is a bit dated, but surely it will come back one day!
Accuracy: the pickups are humbuckers brand Protomatic Series 3.

I have not weighed, but compared to a Start is actually heavy!
The handle is very comfortable to play even sue the 24th box.
To get the sound you want instantly see below ....!

First, I have somewhat abandoned the boost switch for two reasons: 1 - the sound is really hard and somewhat rough, slightly used (maybe it's the "Thor sound"? 2 - forget you when to turn it off an hour after the battery is cooked!

After the sound palette is huge with all other combinations of switches (one e-top is not nothing to do with the weight of the guitar. Overall I would say that given the configuration of the microphones and any proportion of prices are kept is closer to Gibson or PRS as Fender. Having said that I came to find clean sounds that can evoke a telecaster ......
This beautiful instrument gives me the best of it even with both pickups together, the switches set to "high" a distortion sound very hot and also very "readable" regardless of the level or type of distortion. In this position, the sound is very clear and sounds very full hairline.
Of course, if you want a more distinctive, you must visit the above-mentioned brands, but it is more expensive. Or change the pickups, which is always difficult ....
In short, a real versatile, but requires hours of "research" if you want to fully exploit all the sounds.

It's very emotional with this guitar. By 1978, the first time I saw these guitars I freaked out but I had not enough money to pay me .......
My wife bought me a hand in 1988 and since I have not played on another guitar (in addition to being left .....).
Yes it has the mouth that guitar with all its buttons!
More reasonably, I think that, this model is sound and even surpasses many current Japanese models around 1000 euros (the rating of this instrument is around 300 U.S. dollars !!!). Now I play almost exclusively blues and I must say it's fine for that.
At almost 50 years I think I'll make some infidelity (in my Aria, not my wife!) And get a Start U.S. (we can only love the Start sound as a guitar is used in all styles, so really versatile) whose price continues to decline. That said, I repeat always enjoy my old Aria TS 600, which I'll pass it for the world!!