Cort '70s - no reference
Cort '70s - no reference
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 11/30/08 à 07:55
(Originally written by the12/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Where was it made? I believe the first Cort models were made in japan...

21 frets, two single-coil pickups, each with a volume control (no toggle switch)

Master tone control

Pleasant neck but it's not very fast!!

Good access to the upper frets thanks to the SG-like cutaway

Very light guitar (6.6 lb. max.)

Short scale for small guitarists...

It gas the typical problems of a vintage instrument (tuning stability, machine heads, hum, knobs, etc.)

The sound is perfect for my music style.

I play it with overdrive or distortion using the neck pickup. I turn the tone control fully down... The sound is incredible between the 12th-14th frets...

The guitar sounds very nice for blues because it has strong mids

I own two, one with a standard tuning and the other one with open tuning in either A or E...

They sound amazing with a bottleneck.

I sometimes add a compressor for solos (but watch out for hum noise...)

Forget about playing hardcore with these guitars.

I've been using them for over one year

I bought them on ebay at a very low price

They sound very good and are quite rare

Strong vintage character

Based on my experience I would buy a third one.

But I don't have any information about this model. I asked in several music shops but nobody knew a thing about them.

If you own one or you have some information about them please get in touch with me