LTD F-50
LTD F-50

Other Shape Guitar from LTD belonging to the Standard F series.

MGR/Anonymous MGR/Anonymous

« LTD F-50 »

Published on 11/17/04 at 15:00
Got it from www.musicstore.com and I paid 245€ for it.

I like both sound and looks. Also, it's easy to setup, something i definitely wanted since my previous axe had a floyd rose, which was great but I didn't like the fact i had to set it up each time i changed gauge/tuning.

The stock pickups are ok, no complaints, but there are definitely people who'll want to put in some dimarzio or emg or something else. But that's all matter of preference of course. Only thing that's a bit of a pain is the fact that the volume control doesn't give you as much control as you'll want. I'm the kind of person that likes to use the controls on my guitar instead of a lot of other stuff, so that was a bit of a pity. The volume control does work, but you really have to give it a serious turn if you want it to get real quiet. That's about it.

I only just got it last month, but up till now i'm pleased a lot. It's good quality, no flaws and good setup. It's like i could throw it around and it'll still work. No loose controls or input or tuning pegs or anything like that. For the low end model from the f-serie, it's built like a rock and you wouldn't even notice if you didn't know it was the f-50.

Been playing for two years. This is my second guitar, I sold my other one which was a charvelle. I liked the floyd rose, but i never ever used the trem, so i just reckoned i should go for a easy-to-setup bridge with the same security of not losing my tuning every five seconds. So I'm glad I chose for this one with the tune-o-matic.
I was a bit afraid concerning the stock pickups, but I really like them, and they'll probably last quite a while before I want to replace them. If it was lost or something like that, I'd definitely buy it again. I love the looks, the sound you can get from it, it's also very easy to play, easy to setup, everything I need. I compared it too other guitars, like Ibanez and Jackson. I really feel as if I made the right choice. I think this is one of the better guitars in it's price range.