Soniccouture announces the availability of the Ondes instrument for Kontakt.
The Ondes Martenot ( literally ‘Martenot Waves’) was invented by Maurice Martenot in 1928. The original tube-based design, dubbed unreliable, was refined and later models remained in production until 1988.
An overview of the instrument can be seen here:
For more on this product, check out our previous piece.
Ondes Main Panel
- Send level faders for each of the Ondes Martenot speakers, + line out level
- Faders for each of the 7 oscillators + 'Tutti' switch
- ADSR envelope control ( optional, depending on Setup)
- Brightness control - switchable to 12db Filter with resonance
- Detune, Width and Saturation faders
Ondes Speaker Edit Panel
- Convolution modelling of each speaker
- Close, Far and Room stereo mic positions for each speaker
- 4 different original settings from D2 Spring reverb
- AMP and DECAY settings for each IR processor
Ondes Performance Setup
The Setup Panel is a custom scripted MIDI control matrix. Depending on your playing ability and available MIDI controllers, you can configure the Ondes instruments realtime control options in a number of different ways. See ' Ondes Performance Setup Demo ' video in the Video tab.
- Custom Glide ( Ring) Scripting - realtime control of portamento time
- Control pitch and volume independently using Aftertouch, XY pad or any MIDI cc
- 'Exclude Key ' function - emulate touche d’intensité
- Save User control setups and load to any preset
The Poly-Ondes is a bonus instrument: a polyphonic synth using the Ondes Martenot oscillators and speaker modelling : it is designed to let you create pad sounds with LFO and filter modulation, detune all 7 oscillators and play them back through the speakers. There are 50 Poly-Ondes presets showing the sound design possibilities.
Pricing & Availability
DVD orders will ship approx. 6th April. All DVD orders have download access.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.