Spectrasonics Announces OMG-1 Contest Winners
Spectrasonics announced the winners of their worldwide "OMG-1 Contest." Over 400 entries for the contest were submitted from 68 different countries, with a diversity of musical styles.
The goal for each contestant was to use the sounds from the Bob Moog Tribute Library in a creative and inspiring way. The company reports that the Contest and the Library have been able to raise record-breaking funds for the Bob Moog Foundation to support their projects.
The Grand Prize of Persing's custom-built OMG-1 synthesizer has been awarded to Torley Wong of Washington State, who submitted an entire album's worth of music-15 pieces, over one-hour in total-exclusively using the "Bob Moog Tribute Library" in Spectrasonics' Omnisphere software synthesizer for the tonal elements of his album. The one-of-a-kind OMG-1 synthesizer will be presented as the Grand Prize to Mr. Wong in a special event at the 'Moogfest' in Asheville, North Carolina in October 2011.
Three other major winners were announced as well, winning prizes donated by hardware synthesizer manufacturer Moog Music:
• "Outstanding Achievement Award" David Soltany (Strasbourg, France)
• "Next Generation Award" Eric Oberthaler (Berkeley, California)
• "Most Original Composition" Waen Shepherd (London, UK)
Fifteen additional contestants were recognized with "Creative Excellence Awards" and have their music featured on the Spectrasonics website.
View the contest-winners list and listen to their music: www.spectrasonics.net/contest/winners.php
Viewers of this article also read...
- Korg Kronos Mini-Review Presented at the NAMM 2011 and already available since this summer, the Kronos represents a new step in the workstation market — a cruel world where every product becomes immediately obsolete as soon as the successor is launched. The Kronos is very innovative and comprehensive, but will it be able to break this fatal rule?
- Roland Jupiter-80 Now Shipping Roland has announced that the new Jupiter-80 synthesizer is now shipping.
- Roland Jupiter-80 Clinic Tour Roland is introducing its Jupiter-80 synthesizer at a number of Sam Ash locations this August.