Neyrinck V-Control Pro v1.2
Neyrinck has added support for Logic Studio 9, Logic Express 9, Cubase, and Nuendo to version 1.2 of its mixing and remote recording iPad app V-Control Pro.
Also, Neyrinck has added V-Control Free to the App Store to provide a free, basic controller app for iPad.
V-Control uses WiFi to connect an Apple iPad to a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), allowing musicians to use multi-touch gestures to control transport, editing and mixing functions or to wirelessly record and engineer a track from anywhere within a recording studio.
Unlike previous versions, which only used the HUI communication protocol, version 1.2 of V-Control also incorporates the OSC (Open Sound Control) protocol, giving Logic 9 users advanced controller features. Version 1.2 also provides control of Cubase and Nuendo by providing automation, loop, EQ, and plug-in control. And now that V-Control Free is available, users can can access basic DAW control at no cost.
Rather than being tied to the PC while laying down tracks using Logic 9, Cubase or Nuendo, a musician using V-Control Pro can use the iPad’s touch screen functionality and WiFi to remotely access the DAW’s controls.
Benefits of V-Control Pro:
- Ability to record/engineer a track from anywhere in the studio
- Multi-Touch mixing and recording control.
- Sends editing for cue mixes and effects mixing.
- Ergonomically designed interfaces that is are familiar to Logic and Cubase users
- Plug and play
- V-Control Pro provides control of Logic Studio 9 and Logic Express 9.
- Dedicated buttons can set the left and right locations for looping and for punch recording while a "clear all" option can control solo and mute. Because control surfaces show just eight channels at a time, these controls are designed to make it easy to jump back to a mix after muting or soloing tracks.
- V-Control Pro also provides a plug-in editor with sixteen plug-in parameters per page and advanced insert selection and bypass control.
- All sixteen plug-in parameters are displayed as rotary controls that provide display of the rotary value and the text display value unlike hardware controllers that use LED rings that display low resolution values.
- The plug-in editor also provides twelve dedicated buttons to select between twelve inserts to edit.
- Twelve dedicated bypass buttons make it possible to bypass any combination of the twelve inserts.
V-Control Pro version 1.2 app for iPad is available now from the Apple App Store.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Applied Acoustics Systems Plastic Pop Applied Acoustics Systems releases Plastic Pop – a synthpop from the Eighties sound bank for the Ultra Analog VA-1 and AAS Player plug-ins.
- Rob Papen RP-Distort Rob Papen entered the final stages of the development of his newest addition to the RP FX plugin series, with the beta-testing stages.
- Sound Magic Supreme Piano 2 Sound Magic has announced the release of Supreme Piano 2 and also announced the "Award Winning Celebration" Composer Contest.