Grace Design have recently announced a new reference monitor controller.
The m905 is their second generation stereo monitor controller.
Included are audio inputs and outputs, both analog and digital, with an asynchronous USB input for 24/192 computer playback. Outputs include 3 stereo speaker sets, two subwoofer, and our reference headphone amplifier.
The remote includes a headphone output, talkback microphone, and dedicated real time SPL meter.
m905 key features
- Analog inputs: unbalanced, balanced, CUE, Talkback mic
- Digital inputs: 2x AES 3, 1 S/PDIF, 1 TOSLINK, ADAT (selectable in 4 pairs, or 2 pairs in SMUX),
- USB Audio circuitry
- Asynchronous Class 2 USB playback supports up to 24 bit/192kHz
- Mastering quality DAC circuitry with configurable de-emphasis filtering
- S-lock dual-stage Phase Lock Loop for low jitter clock regeneration
- Ergonomic hybrid RCU with hardware switches, large level encoder and graphical LCD
- LCD display shows input, level, output, SPL and DAC status plus a calibration menu
- SPL meter sourced by built in RCU mic – includes level, peak, fast and slow modes, A & C weighting
- Precision .5 dB step level control for speakers and headphones
- Reference headphone amplifier circuitry, with outputs on both the RCU and mainframe
- Built in crossfeed circuit for simulating loudspeaker listening with headphones
- Dedicated mono, dim, mute, sub mute switches
- Mono mode can be set to L+R summed, L only in both channels, or R only in both channels
- 3 available stereo speaker outputs, two available as 2.1
- Multi-mode SUB/ DAC/ METER out SUB out mode for stereo or multiple mono subwoofer outputs
- Digital loop thru output – fixed source (AES,SPDIF, TOSLINK) or follows the digital input source
- DAC out mode for a fixed DAC output fed by the selected digital input, level calibration from 0–100
- METER out mode fed by selected input signal (digital or analog), level calibration from 0–100 or post speaker fader level
Priced at 3250 Euro.
For more details, check out Grace Design.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.