[AES] Grace Design m905
Grace Design have recently announced a new reference monitor controller.
The m905 is their second generation stereo monitor controller.
Included are audio inputs and outputs, both analog and digital, with an asynchronous USB input for 24/192 computer playback. Outputs include 3 stereo speaker sets, two subwoofer, and our reference headphone amplifier.
The remote includes a headphone output, talkback microphone, and dedicated real time SPL meter.
m905 key features
- Analog inputs: unbalanced, balanced, CUE, Talkback mic
- Digital inputs: 2x AES 3, 1 S/PDIF, 1 TOSLINK, ADAT (selectable in 4 pairs, or 2 pairs in SMUX),
- USB Audio circuitry
- Asynchronous Class 2 USB playback supports up to 24 bit/192kHz
- Mastering quality DAC circuitry with configurable de-emphasis filtering
- S-lock dual-stage Phase Lock Loop for low jitter clock regeneration
- Ergonomic hybrid RCU with hardware switches, large level encoder and graphical LCD
- LCD display shows input, level, output, SPL and DAC status plus a calibration menu
- SPL meter sourced by built in RCU mic - includes level, peak, fast and slow modes, A & C weighting
- Precision .5 dB step level control for speakers and headphones
- Reference headphone amplifier circuitry, with outputs on both the RCU and mainframe
- Built in crossfeed circuit for simulating loudspeaker listening with headphones
- Dedicated mono, dim, mute, sub mute switches
- Mono mode can be set to L+R summed, L only in both channels, or R only in both channels
- 3 available stereo speaker outputs, two available as 2.1
- Multi-mode SUB/ DAC/ METER out SUB out mode for stereo or multiple mono subwoofer outputs
- Digital loop thru output - fixed source (AES,SPDIF,TOSLINK) or follows the digital input source
- DAC out mode for a fixed DAC output fed by the selected digital input, level calibration from 0-100
- METER out mode fed by selected input signal (digital or analog), level calibration from 0-100 or post speaker fader level
Priced at 3250 Euro.
For more details, check out Grace Design.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] Unity Audio Avalanche Unity Audio will preview the forthcoming Avalanche sub-woofer at the AES San Francisco 2012 show.
- [AES] Fairlight Quantum At the AES 2012 show Fairlight will introduce and debut their new Fairlight Quantum, an Audio Post Console.
- [AES] Sontronics Sonora 2 Sontronics will introduce its Sonora 2 preamp/DI at AES in San Francisco.